generating war file

Ron Smith

Nov 7, 2011, 12:13:55 AM11/7/11
to Bowler Users
Sorry - I suspect this is a terribly newbie question but how do I go
about building a war file for my bowler application? I'm not a jvm-
world native but a dynamic world refugee and I can't seem to find a
reference in the docs on how to go about deploying.

I've tried "sbt package" and this seems to generate a .jar for the
application in target/... - am I supposed to rename this?

Thanks again for all the help and answers from my previous posts -
almost there!

Ron

Ross A. Baker

Nov 7, 2011, 12:43:31 AM11/7/11
to bowler...@googlegroups.com
It was "sbt package-war" in older versions of the xsbt-web-plugin
(0.1.x?). "sbt package" built a rather useless .jar during this era.

A .war is similar to a .jar, with a few important differences, including:
- Classes go in /WEB-INF/classes instead of the root
- It usually has a /WEB-INF/web.xml file
- You can put other jars in your war, in /WEB-INF/lib

--
Ross A. Baker
ba...@alumni.indiana.edu

Alex Zuzin

Nov 7, 2011, 1:46:54 AM11/7/11
to bowler...@googlegroups.com
Still is in the newer SBT as well:

sbt package-war

--
"If you can't conceal it well, expose it with all your might"
Alex Zuzin