Possible unintended behaviour with registering function name conventions routes on a class heirarchy

Noel Kennedy

Aug 24, 2011, 6:30:48 AM8/24/11
to bowler...@googlegroups.com
I think I have discovered a 'bug' with registering routes via function name convention routes.  It doesn't register method routes on super classes of your controllers.  This is I suspect why using mixins on your controllers at instantiation time doesn't work either, because by creating your controllers like this, you are creating an anonymous subclass of your controller.

The actual bug is outside of bowler and inside ClassSignature in recursivity.commons.  Bowler's POSORouteMapper calls to ClassSignature.apply and this returns no super class methods.

Please advise as to whether this is by design or a bug!

Cheers,

Noel

Wille Faler

Aug 24, 2011, 6:40:18 AM8/24/11
to bowler...@googlegroups.com
I'd qualify it as a bug, thanks for pinpointing where the issue lies!

Wille Faler

Aug 26, 2011, 12:00:31 PM8/26/11
to bowler...@googlegroups.com
This is now fixed in Recursivity Commons, and the dependency will be updated shortly in the 0.5-SNAPSHOT of Bowler, so should be in both Github and repo's within the hour.

Noel Kennedy

Aug 27, 2011, 3:08:39 PM8/27/11
to Bowler Users
Thanks! Super quick as ever, Enjoy your weekend :)