Access original servlet request?

Robin Green

Aug 8, 2012, 4:18:33 AM8/8/12
to bowler...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way to get at the original HttpServletRequest from Bowler? There are several things which I can't see how to do in Bowler, that I'd like to be able to do to work conveniently in a Google App Engine environment:
  1. Get the IP address of the client
  2. Get the currently logged-in user (if login is managed by the servlet container)
  3. Get request attributes (in order to find out the original URL which triggered a web.xml error-page)

If I could get the original HttpServletRequest I could just query that for all these things. What I'm doing now is just writing servlet filters when I need any of these things, instead of Bowler, but that's awkward.

Robin Green

Aug 8, 2012, 7:55:35 AM8/8/12
to bowler...@googlegroups.com
Ah, right, it's in BowlerHttpRequest - I just have to cast the request to that type. Sorry for the noise.