Developing on bowlerframework, sbt 0.7.5RC1 and scala 2.9.1 issues

Aslak Os

Mar 29, 2012, 9:28:53 AM3/29/12
to bowler...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I want to see if i can get a hold of issue #23 https://github.com/wfaler/Bowler/issues/23. But I am stuck and can't get bowlerframework it self to build. After cloneing the repository i run the sbt command inside of the project root folder. And i get this error

unresolved dependency: org.scala-tools.sbt#sbt_2.9.1;0.7.5: not found
Error during sbt execution: Error retrieving required libraries
  (see /Users/aslak/.sbt/boot/update.log for complete log)
Error: Could not retrieve sbt 0.7.5

Do any of you have this version of sbt (org.scala-tools.sbt#sbt_2.9.1;0.7.5)  in any of you repositories?  Or any tips into how to solve this issue?

Best regards Aslak OS

Wille Faler

Mar 29, 2012, 10:06:34 AM3/29/12
to bowler...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
SBT was almost rewritten entirely between the 0.7.x branch and the 0.10-11.x branches, so if you are using a newer version than 0.7.x you will definitely have problems.

The workaround if you want to build with an older sbt is to have to separate sbt installs. I've solved this by having an "sbt" script for 0.7.x and one called "xsbt" for sbt 0.11.

Not sure if this is your actually problem, but it seems the most likely one.

Aslak Os

Apr 2, 2012, 4:02:56 AM4/2/12
to bowler...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Thanks Wille! Downloading sbt 0.7.5 did the trick. Maybe we should change the README to be more specific? Lets change "Have sbt 0.7.5RC0 or later installed" to "Make sure to build this project with sbt 0.7.5RC0"

I'll change it and make a pull request.

--aslak

Wille Faler

Apr 2, 2012, 4:09:53 AM4/2/12
to bowler...@googlegroups.com
That would be great. The README hasn't been updated in ages..

Aslak Os

Apr 2, 2012, 4:27:37 AM4/2/12
to bowler...@googlegroups.com
Ok, you'll hear from me.

It would also be awesome if we could upgrade to use sbt 0.11. It would make many things a lot easier... Do you think it will require a lot of work?

--aslak

Wille Faler

Apr 2, 2012, 5:24:46 AM4/2/12
to bowler...@googlegroups.com
I tried this some time ago, but struggled with the actual deployment of artefacts (PGP signing etc) - however I think this should be fixed now that there is a good plugin for it, which was lacking earlier, I have just been a little pressed for time lately to do this.

/ Wille