Latest Blog Entry and the May 11 History program

1 view

Bovina Historian

May 2, 2024, 11:49:33 AMMay 2
to Bovina NY History
Here's the monthly compilation of the daily entries from the Town of Bovina Historian Facebook page:  Bovina (NY) History: This Day in Bovina for April 2024 (bovinanyhistory.blogspot.com)

And a reminder that on May 11 at 7 pm, I will be hosting a history program at the Bovina Community Hall. The program is a fundraiser for the Bovina Historical Society.  The $5 suggested donation will aid work on the historical society’s Bovina Museum.

Several town residents, including Chuck McIntosh, Jim Hilson, Pat Parsons Miele, Lauren and Lois Monroe, Marian Jardine, Jack Burns and Marie Burns will share stories of their childhoods in Bovina in the 1940s and 50s, supplemented/prompted by images taken at the time. You’ll hear about the last one room schools, the 1953 flood and the old Scott Bridge, among other topics. And we are exploring how to share this program with people who cannot attend through zoom. Stay tuned for more information.