Circle Boulder Painting

Minna Win

May 28, 2011, 2:52:51 PM5/28/11
to boulder-volu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ann,
I noticed (only after returning the templates and paint) that there
isn't any marking for the B360 on the "new" west Foothills path south of
Valmont. I could have painted a B360 sign before crossing Valmont and
just after crossing Valmont last weekend while I was marking the B180-
d'oh! Can someone please paint two markers- or is it obvious that the
B360 continues south along the Foothills Path? Maybe I've inhaled too
many paint fumes.

My husband and I finished our sections and I indicated the time it took
to complete the task on the spreadsheet. Have a great Memorial Day
weekend!

Thanks,
Minna

Chuck Brock

May 29, 2011, 11:16:53 PM5/29/11
to boulder-volu...@googlegroups.com
Hi:

My wife, Mary, and I rode the B360/B180 route north of Arapahoe, with the exception of Wonderland lake to 4th and the Boulder Creek path (we didn't want to ride through the Boulder Creek Festival!). You all did a wonderful job doing the marking. We had no trouble finding the route with three minor exceptions.

1) At O'Neal Parkway and 34th St, where the path coming from the San Juan Del Centro hits the street again, I didn't initially know which way to go (O'Neal or 34th). The marking did not show up well on the street. I suggest putting a marking on the path's concrete to point the way.

2) At Upland and 19th St., the marking gets a lot of wear from car traffic and is already faded. This might need to be touched up a day or two before the ride.

3) At 15th and Riverside (near Wonderland lake), we missed the turn from southbound to westbound. We finally found the marking underneath a pickup truck/trailer combo parked (probably illegally) on the corner of the street. I don't know if this is a recurring problem, but the truck looked like it lived there.

The southbound B180 route around Kalmia winds along narrow sidewalks through apartment buildings and then to the back side of the strip mall at Iris and 28th. That'll be interesting with several hundred riders! The B180/360 route really shows how fragmented and incomplete the north Boulder path network is--lots of jumping from paths to sidewalks to streets, with a stretch of singletrack and some rough terrain near the Elks Club.

Thanks to everyone, especially Ann, for all the hard work putting in the markings--great job!. I wish I had more time available to help put them in, but I hope checking things over was at least a little useful. I won't be able to get to the southern half of the ride since I'll be out of town.

Cheers,
Chuck