who's in for B360 marking this year?

Ann Haebig

Mar 19, 2012, 5:07:28 PM3/19/12
to Boulder Volunteer Riders
We just got an inquiry from the city as to whether we'll mark the B180/
B360 again this year.

I'm up for it, but could use a little more help this time 'round
because Fred and I are getting married the weekend before the ride!

Please let me know if you're up for it, and if you're up for doing
more than you did last year, or less, or about the same amount. I
know some of you ended up with more to do than others last year, since
it was the first time we'd done it and our method was still being
developed.

**Whether we do this again this year depends on what kind of response
we get.**

Feel free to spread the word too! Interested folks can email or call
me directly or join this google group.

thanks,
-Ann
aha...@nwlink.com
303 350 7701

Kathy Kinskey

Mar 19, 2012, 5:21:44 PM3/19/12
to boulder-volu...@googlegroups.com
I'm in Ann and I'll send an e-mail to group also.  Especially good stuff happening in the next few weeks!  :)

Dawn Palmer

Mar 19, 2012, 5:27:41 PM3/19/12
to boulder-volu...@googlegroups.com
I'm in, probably for same amount or a little less...

Kurt Nordback

Mar 19, 2012, 5:30:31 PM3/19/12
to boulder-volu...@googlegroups.com
I can help out.  My impression from last year was that the most efficient way to do it would be for a couple of people to ride together, spend a day and just do the whole route.  I.e., one pair of people could do the 180, and one pair the 360.  For me, most of the time was in the overhead of picking up and dropping off the stencils, figuring out a good way to carry them, etc.  Actually riding the route doesn't take long, and jumping off to paint is very quick.

So I'd volunteer to do the full 360, especially if I can get a partner so one of us can carry stencils and the other can do the painting.

-- Kurt

Mar 19, 2012, 6:09:25 PM3/19/12
to boulder-volu...@googlegroups.com
I'd help you, Kurt, if we could do it on a weekday.

-kk-
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to boulder-volunteer-...@googlegroups.com.

Kenneth Robert Fowler

Mar 19, 2012, 11:42:31 PM3/19/12
to boulder-volu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ann,
I'm up for helping out as needed... I can't remember just how much time I spent last year but I can probably do at least as much and probably more... as I recall I was taping up signs on both routes that helped people keep on track...
Let me know what you need... and Congrats on the step to being legal.
Will you both now feel more committed and secure; will it help on the tax return; when will the honeymoon be over; when will it start.
Any way good on you both.

Ken

Best,
Ken

(OriKen) Fowler
-};>)- Origami Guy
1940 Walnut Pl. #405
Boulder, CO  80302
303-442-2403

Dan

Mar 20, 2012, 12:24:39 PM3/20/12
to Boulder Volunteer Riders
I'd also be willing to do the full 360 or 180 with a buddy and just
get it done in a day. If it's a nice day that should be a really fun
outing anyhow. I'm going to be availble on weekends more than week-
days FWIW. I also feel confident that I could carry stencils with
ease.

Cheers,

On Mar 19, 3:30 pm, Kurt Nordback <knordb...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I can help out.  My impression from last year was that the most efficient way to do it would be for a couple of people to ride together, spend a day and just do the whole route.  I.e., one pair of people could do the 180, and one pair the 360.  For me, most of the time was in the overhead of picking up and dropping off the stencils, figuring out a good way to carry them, etc.  Actually riding the route doesn't take long, and jumping off to paint is very quick.
>
> So I'd volunteer to do the full 360, especially if I can get a partner so one of us can carry stencils and the other can do the painting.
>
> -- Kurt

Kurt Nordback

Mar 21, 2012, 10:48:58 AM3/21/12
to boulder-volu...@googlegroups.com
I might be able to do a weekday.  Ann, how soon could we start painting?