painting instructions

Ann Haebig

May 10, 2011, 12:10:52 PM5/10/11
to Boulder Volunteer Riders
Here's instructions on how painting is done. These will be available
as a hardcopy when you check out your stencils. If you have any
questions ask away!

Use caution when painting - it is best to do in pairs, where one
person can hold both bikes and watch for traffic (bike or car) while
the second person paints.

Please review your section in mapmyride.com before heading out to
paint. Also check the notes field in the signup sheet. The routes
are meant to highlight new paths and may include some pieces not yet
in google maps.

Take whatever directions you need with you. We can't create a printed
set of directions for everyone, and even if we did, our instructions
might not make sense to you. You are responsible for reviewing and
knowing your route.

We must not paint in open space, even on sidewalks. Do not paint west
of Broadway or north of Quince in Wonderland Lake open space; do not
paint south of Baseline, east of 55th/Sioux, or east/north of Marshall
Road in Bobolink open space. This includes any concrete paths in open
space.

Do not paint on Hazelwood; this is a private road.

We do mark on asphalt, including streets with cars. Mark the path or
street only; do not mark on anything else, including poles, utility
boxes, etc.

We have three of each stencil. We use blue paint for B360 and green
paint for B180. Please return the stencils clean, it makes them easier
to store and use next time.

We mark where there is a fork in the path or a decision to be made.
Some can be marked with just a green and/or blue arrow; the entire
stencil with route name does not need to be used at every marking.

Where the two routes are the same, mark them both next to each other.

When you are done, please update the google spreadsheet to say so.

Thanks for your help! If you can't complete your section by June 2,
let us know so we can get someone else working on it. Call Ann with
any questions: 303 350 7701.

Ann Haebig

May 10, 2011, 6:53:01 PM5/10/11
to Boulder Volunteer Riders
first note - the stencils are large, metal, and will not fold or roll
up. They will not fit in most panniers. You will need a milk crate
or trailer to carry them.