who's in for painting this weekend?

1 view

Ann Haebig

May 14, 2012, 10:57:17 PM5/14/12
to Boulder Volunteer Riders
Hi all,
the city is finalizing this year's routes and with luck we'll have the
okay to start painting this weekend.

This year the 180 is a counter-clockwise loop around Boulder Creek -
Skunk Creek - Bear Creek - Broadway - S Boulder Creek - Goose Creek -
back to Foothills and Scott Carpenter park. This one's ready to be
painted. Here's a link to the route:
http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/92181387

The 360 is a clockwise loop west on Boulder Creek, up 4th, east in the
Violet-Upland-Sumac area, down 26th and Elmer's Two Mile, east on
Goose Creek, south on S Boulder Creek past the rec center, around
Table Mesa and Baseline, and then cutting through campus and
University Hill to get back to Boulder Creek and the park. They're
still finalizing details around Violet and campus. It should be ready
to paint by this weekend.

Painting must be finished by Friday, June 1.

We need volunteers for Friday June 1 to hang signs all along the
route, but especially in Bobolink (S Boulder Creek), Wonderland Lake,
and through campus. We're not allowed to paint in these areas.

The routes should also be checked for clarity and completeness on
Saturday. This involves taking signs, stencils, and paint with you to
touch up as needed.

So seeing as y'all are talking about taking on much larger chunks than
I broke things into last year... who's in for what when? I can start
a spreadsheet with your feedback.

Thanks everyone!
-Ann

Kenneth Robert Fowler

May 14, 2012, 11:58:41 PM5/14/12
to boulder-volu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ann,
I'm up for anything on June 1st and have it on my calendar.
I can help out this Friday if needed but not Saturday or Sunday.
Ken

-Ann

Best,
Ken

(OriKen) Fowler
-};>)- Origami Guy
1940 Walnut Pl. #405
Boulder, CO  80302
303-442-2403

Kurt Nordback

May 15, 2012, 12:13:30 PM5/15/12
to boulder-volu...@googlegroups.com
I volunteered to do the 360, and Kerry said she could help.  I'm still in.  Kerry, does Saturday work for you?

-- Kurt

May 15, 2012, 1:17:29 PM5/15/12
to boulder-volu...@googlegroups.com
Kerry said she'd have to do it on a weekday. Kurt, could you do that?

-Ann

On Tue, 2012-05-15 at 09:13 -0700, Kurt Nordback wrote:
> I volunteered to do the 360, and Kerry said she could help. I'm still
> in. Kerry, does Saturday work for you?
>

> -- Kurt

Kurt Nordback

May 15, 2012, 1:46:28 PM5/15/12
to boulder-volu...@googlegroups.com
Right, I forgot that.  I could do it on Monday.

May 15, 2012, 3:56:07 PM5/15/12
to boulder-volu...@googlegroups.com
that is also possible for me on Monday 9am-2pm
Ken

Ann Haebig

May 15, 2012, 4:03:20 PM5/15/12
to boulder-volu...@googlegroups.com
Dan, can you do Mondays? Maybe you could work with Ken on the 180?

On Tue, 2012-05-15 at 13:56 -0600, Kenneth Robert Fowler wrote:
> that is also possible for me on Monday 9am-2pm
> Ken
>

> On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 1:27 PM, somera...@gmail.com
> <somera...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I could do Monday.... At least from 9a until 2p.
>
> -kk-

Dan Adams

May 16, 2012, 11:35:18 AM5/16/12
to boulder-volu...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately I cannot do anything on Monday. I could potentially get out to do some painting on Sunday morning though.