materials at shop, we're all set to start

Ann Haebig

May 18, 2012, 5:00:12 PM5/18/12
to Boulder Volunteer Riders
I dropped the materials off at the shop last night and shared some
google docs with y'all. Let the painting commence.

Here's a link to the spreadsheet where we will track who's doing what
and how much we've got done.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkGSKnPK0VGsdEJHX3ZZczhONU1fWFA2OTJkT0tDMHc&pli=1#gid=0

Here's the B180 route:
http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/92181387

and the B360 route:
http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/92184363

The routes are NOT printed out; please do whatever you need to do to
make sure you'll be on route as you go. Send to your phone, print out
the trickier parts, whatever works for you.

Here's directions on how to paint:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DQYhODDw5CijbayVZFD9FmhqGhtUXAIk5ekLRiAsLkE/edit

The directions are also printed out so you can take a set with you
when you paint.

If anything comes up while you're out there, call me: 303 350 7701.

thanks all,
-Ann

Ann Haebig

May 20, 2012, 2:45:44 PM5/20/12
to boulder-volu...@googlegroups.com
Just got back from painting the first 3.5 miles of the 180. I stopped
just east of Broadway. I also did the end of the ride from west/south
of Arapahoe into the finish, since it's the same as the start (only
backwards).

There's about 1.5 miles to paint from where I stopped to where the 180
enters open space on Marshall Rd, if anyone wants to sign up for that.

-Ann

Kathy Kinskey

May 20, 2012, 5:57:39 PM5/20/12
to boulder-volu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ann~
I'm signing up to work with Ken on Monday to do the portion you noted below.  Is that the only portion left for painting?
Thanks Kathy

Kenneth Robert Fowler

May 20, 2012, 8:12:41 PM5/20/12
to boulder-volu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ann and Kathy thanks,
I have the supplies - two cans of green paint, stencil, paper towels and trash bags,
Will coordinate with Kathy - my home # 303-442-2403 and cell 720-771-1534.
Available Monday sunrise till 2pm.

We can probably cover this portion you mention too? Depending on how and when we connect.
-->There's about 1.5 miles to paint from where I stopped to where the 180
enters open space on Marshall Rd, if anyone wants to sign up for that.<--

Best,
Ken

(OriKen) Fowler
-};>)- Origami Guy
1940 Walnut Pl. #405
Boulder, CO  80302
303-442-2403

Ann Haebig

May 20, 2012, 10:15:50 PM5/20/12
to boulder-volu...@googlegroups.com
Nope, that's not the only portion left, and I asked Ken to work on a
different portion since he has more time than the portion that I
mentioned will take.

So Ken and Kathy will work on the 180 from north of Baseline towards the
finish, and Kerry and Kurt will work on the 360 from start to whatever
they manage to get done. (K-named people rule!)

No one has claimed the 180 from west of Martin Park to the open space
entrance on Marshall Road yet. My guess is one person painting it would
take about an hour (for the actual painting). Two would go quicker.

Thanks!
-Ann
> boulder-volunteer-...@googlegroups.com.

Kenneth Robert Fowler

May 21, 2012, 4:22:04 PM5/21/12
to boulder-volu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ann,

I posted my progress to the spread sheet.
Completed the B180 from Baseline and Gapter Rd. all the way to Scott Carpenter (actually to where you did both directions.)

I corrected my mis-direction to make a sharp left turn up Pearl St. to 47th (after going under Pearl Parkway).

Sorry if I marked excessively.... I noticed your more minimalistic marking approach as I finished the day.

Kathy said she would do the portion from Martin Park and Broadway to the left turn from Marshal Rd. onto the Open Space trail.

Best,

Ken