POST method call works through postman, but doesn't work from the browser

Sam W

Apr 8, 2018, 7:06:44 AM4/8/18
to bottlepy
Hello everyone,
I faced really small error. but unfortunately I was not able to solve it.  POST method  call works through postman, but doesn't work from the browser!! I get this message:
AttributeError("'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get'",)

I will really appreciate it if someone can help. OR guide me to a complete example that shows the whole posting process between the html/browser  and Python.

Patrick B

Apr 19, 2018, 2:59:55 PM4/19/18
to bottlepy
We might need to see your code. Does it look something like this?

It's not clear from your message but want to make sure you know that you cannot just type the URL into the browser and hit [enter]. That will issue a GET request which looks like the error message you are getting. To do a POST in the browser you need to press a button on the web page the will POST the form data to your app.