Bottle: Enabling errors output to the browser instead of viewing error_log

nikos.at....@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2018, 12:17:38 PM9/26/18
to bottlepy

Hello, i'm trying to figure out how to enable error output to the browser instead of logginf via ssh all the time and 'tail -f error_log' ?

In dev instance we just did debug =True, now in the production server? Here is my config:

DocumentRoot /home/nikos/public_html

<Directory /home/nikos/public_html>
    Require all granted
</Directory>

Alias /static /home/nikos/public_html/static

<Directory /home/nikos/public_html/static>
    Options +Indexes
</Directory>

WSGIPassAuthorization On

WSGIDaemonProcess clientele user=nikos group=nikos home=/home/nikos/public_html
WSGIScriptAlias /clientele /home/nikos/public_html/clientele.py process-group=clientele application-group=%{GLOBAL}

WSGIDaemonProcess downloads user=nikos group=nikos home=/home/nikos/public_html
WSGIScriptAlias /downloads /home/nikos/public_html/downloads.py process-group=downloads application-group=%{GLOBAL}

WSGIDaemonProcess www user=nikos group=nikos home=/home/nikos/public_html
WSGIScriptAliasMatch ^/(?!phpmyadmin) /home/nikos/public_html/www.py process-group=www application-group=%{GLOBAL}
  1. Also i would like to know how how to grab the authuser value entered in authentication prompt so to have it stored when entered. request.auth.user' won't return it norrequest.auth.username'.

Marcel Hellkamp

Sep 26, 2018, 12:23:49 PM9/26/18
to bott...@googlegroups.com
On 09/23/2018 09:44 PM, nikos.at....@gmail.com wrote:

Hello, i'm trying to figure out how to enable error output to the browser instead of logginf via ssh all the time and 'tail -f error_log' ?

In dev instance we just did debug =True, now in the production server? Here is my config:

Do not do that on a production server. Leaking log files to the public is a huge security risk. That said, your question is not related to bottle.