My notes for Bottle's Documentation :-)

Sebastian Adil

Aug 21, 2017, 7:46:44 PM8/21/17
to bottlepy
    Because I am a beginner in Bottle and with the aim of improving the documentation I want to participate with some suggestions:

   I) To make the navigation more easy I suggest to add links to the following chapters in the bookmark:

*Installation
*Quickstart
*Dynamic Routes:
    -wildcard
    -filter
    -":config"?!?!
*HTML <form> Handling
*Template: SimpleTemplate Engine
    -syntax
        -{{...}} syntax
        -Embedded python code
    -other templates
*Plugin:
    -Application-wide Installation
    -Route-specific Installation
    -Blacklisting Plugins
    -Uninstall Plugins
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    II) To not have duplication in topics I suggest that:

*the chapter "Templates,page 16" should be fusioned with the chapter "SimpleTemplate Engine, page 28".
*tha chapter "Wildcard Filters, page 27" should be fusioned with the chapter"Dynamic Routes, page 5".
*Chapter "Request Routing,page 26" should be fusioned with the Chapter "Dynamic Routes, page 5".
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    III) Because I encountered some problems when working with plugins (especially sqlite plugin) I made these notes:

*to work with sqlite3's plugin in python3 => you have to install the package: python3-bottle-sqlite
    (https://packages.ubuntu.com/zesty/python3-bottle-sqlite)
*to use a plugin you have to import it, I think it is a good idea to mention that bottle's plugins are imported from "bootle.ext" ( especially for a beginner like mi:-) ).
*what is the syntax of "apply=[plugin]" for multiple plugins?

Thank you for your attention :-)

Patrick B

Apr 19, 2018, 3:43:21 PM4/19/18
to bottlepy
You might consider forking the website: https://github.com/bottlepy/bottlepy.org

Implementing your ideas and showing the result.

I'm sure they are good suggestions but also that everyone is pretty busy.