OutMessageError: [F50]: Characters not in character-set "cp1250"

shik...@gmail.com

May 4, 2021, 8:36:52 AM5/4/21
to Bots Open Source EDI Translator
Hello,
the error is: OutMessageError: [F50]: Characters not in character-set "cp1250": nstitut für Rechtsmedizin und|Verkehrsmedizin.
I have the 'cp-1250' in the output grammer and 'utf-8' for the input. the Adress, where the error is shown is in the adress: Institut für Rechtsmedizin und. when i change the für to fuer, there will be no problem. What i don't understand is, there are other umlaut in other adress cell like 'Universitätsklinikum' , bots has no problem with this. How to solve this?

regards,
Ke

Henk-Jan Ebbers

May 4, 2021, 9:01:50 AM5/4/21
to bots...@googlegroups.com
the character is not in that characterset.....
it is not a bots problem; it is a characterset problem.

kind regards,
Henk-Jan Ebbers

shik...@gmail.com

Jun 9, 2021, 3:38:33 AM6/9/21
to Bots Open Source EDI Translator
Hey Henk-Jan,
do you have any Idea how to solve the charset problem? i have both input and output utf-8 and it still not working? What do you think of a pre-processing?

regards,
Ke

Eppye Bots

Jun 9, 2021, 5:19:15 AM6/9/21
to 'Chuck Turco' via Bots Open Source EDI Translator
for some reason bots thinks output shoudl be 'cp-1250'
(which is not a default characterset for any editype)
so I would think you put it somewhere in grammar for out-going message.

change it, as you say you expect it to be utf-8.

kind regards, Henk-Jan Ebbers

shik...@gmail.com

Jul 8, 2021, 3:13:46 AM7/8/21
to Bots Open Source EDI Translator
hey Henk-Jan,

i had actually both utf-8 in the grammer for iput and output-file. I don't know where comes this cp-1250..Do you have an idea?

regards,
Ke

shik...@gmail.com

Jul 8, 2021, 3:59:51 AM7/8/21
to Bots Open Source EDI Translator
oh! that's my mistake. I had another file for the grammer and the names are similar, so i got the wrong file in the translations. thanks!