Installing pywin for bots-dirmonitor

Alexander

Mar 8, 2022, 12:37:22 PM3/8/22
to Bots Open Source EDI Translator
Hi all,

I am trying to install pywin for using bots-dirmonitor in Windows.

When I just do "pip install pywin" it fails with the error "urllib2.HTTPError: HTTP Error 403: SSL is required".
Therefore I downloaded the pywin-0.3.1.zip file and changed the distribute_setup.py file to use https instead of http for the url to download.
Unfortunately trying to install the modified version with "pip install C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\pywin-0.3.1_c.zip" results in another error: "NameError: name 'sys_platform' is not defined".

Screenshot 2022-03-08 183526.png

Is there a way to install it and get it working?

Thanks & best regards
Alexander

Eppye Bots

Mar 9, 2022, 7:43:24 AM3/9/22
to 'Chuck Turco' via Bots Open Source EDI Translator
thins looks like a pywin issue?

kind regards, Henk-Jan Ebbers

Alexander

Mar 9, 2022, 8:44:00 AM3/9/22
to Bots Open Source EDI Translator
Yes, it is.
But as the last release of pywin is from Mar 31, 2013 I thought I ask here whether anyone knows how to get this working.

Best regards
Alexander