How to copy/move the downloaded files from S3 bucket to a different folder under the same bucket and not download the latest file.

Guddi

Aug 31, 2015, 8:47:59 PM8/31/15
to boto-users

Hi I have a unique problem to solve, any idea, suggestions or even a code helps!! Thank you in advance!

I am using python 2.7.x, and Boto API 2.X to connect to AWS S3 bucket. I have a unique situation where I want to download files from S3 bucket that to from a specific directory/folder say ‘myBucket/foo/'. But the catch is I want to leave a latest file behind in S3 folder and not download it. Once, I download these files on my local box, I want to move these files out to a different folder under the same bucket say ‘myBucket/foo/bar/'. Has anyone worked on similar situation before? Your help is greatly appreciated!!