DynamoDB and boolean values

Matthew Ramsey

Jan 15, 2016, 1:45:18 PM1/15/16
to boto-users
So I am working on some code in python that will allow me to batch items into dynamodb table. The problem I am having is that one of the values for a key is boolean. When I try to upload a test key I get a type mismatch. I have tried converting it with a python function and it returns the same error but now it's showing as a type of Number. I don't see any good pointers on how exactly I am supposed to do a put_item and define the value as Boolean. below is the function that adds the items(Yes I know this will not do more than one item but I wanted to get one working and then go from there :)

def add_item(table, hashkey, items):
print (items)
table.put_item(data={
'SystemName': items[0],