Setting up AWS Credentials with BOTO3

Hammad A

Sep 30, 2015, 10:38:23 AM9/30/15
to boto-users
Hi,

I am struggling really badly with this one.

I put a credentials.cfg file in C:\aws\credentials folder
[default]
aws_access_key_id = xxxx
aws_secret_access_key = xxxx

I added a User Variable in Windows as BOTO_CONFIG = C:\aws\credentials\credentials.cfg

I keep getting an error botocore.exceptions.NoCredentialsError: Unable to locate credentials

I don't mind storing them right in my python code. But I need some solution asap.

bgo...@aortasoftware.com

Oct 1, 2015, 8:40:35 AM10/1/15
to boto-users
Hi,

Sorry I've no experience with using boto on windows, but have you looked at this :

https://boto3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/guide/configuration.html#configuration-sources

There is an example of setting your credentials in your python code.

Have fun.