Teen Reality Fair @ the Boston Public Library!

Christopher Jacobs

Feb 25, 2020, 4:03:12 PM2/25/20
to BostonVR
Heya Boston VR!

My name is Chris Jacobs; I'm the Teen Technology Coordinator for the Central location of the Boston Public Library and a relatively recent member of the Boston VR Meetup group. I have coordinated an exciting event for teens in grades 6 through 12 on Wednesday, March 11 from 3-7pm: the Teen Reality Fair, and I wanted to broadcast it here in the event that (1) members knew of teenage parties that might like to attend and (2) to recruit exhibitors for future Reality Fairs conducted through the library. The event, which is designed to expose teens to a variety of reality tech they may never otherwise have had the opportunity to experience, will be juxtaposed with 6-7 seminars that take a deeper dive into other facets of working in/with the tech industry; with PSVR gaming tournaments and light refreshments going on simultaneously, we are hopeful to attract groups to the library space that we have not yet seen. I have also been in talks with our Business Library about conducting a similar event for adults later in 2020.

Please note that this free drop-in event will take place in our teen-exclusive space; adults accompanying groups of teens will be permitted, but should contact me at cja...@bpl.org to let me know of their need for a visitor badge in advance. Feel free to forward the attached flyer to any and all teens/parents/educators that you know may be interested; be sure to email me at cja...@bpl.org with any additional questions and/or to express interest in further work with the BPL.

Thanks, and happy to make your acquaintance, BostonVR!

Chris Jacobs

Chris Jacobs

Teen Technology Coordinator – Teen Central

Boston Public Library – Central Library at Copley Square

700 Boylston St.  Boston, MA 02116

p. 617-859-2215  e. cja...@bpl.org

March 11 - Teen Reality Fair Flyer UPDATEDONLY7.pdf