Tomorrow! -> [B.U.G] May 29th - Beyond Unity Basics: Designing a VR Healthcare Application with Zachary Barryte and Behnam Sattar

VTDA

May 28, 2019, 10:22:26 AM5/28/19
to boston-unity-...@googlegroups.com, Boston Indies, BostonVR
Hi All!

Just a reminder: Tomorrow! -> [B.U.G] May 29th - Beyond Unity Basics: Designing a VR Healthcare Application with Zachary Barryte and Behnam Sattar.

See you there!

BUG

-----------------------------
On May 3, 2019, at 2:49 PM, Graham Pentheny <graham....@gmail.com> wrote:

Hey Indies!

For our May 29th meetup, Zachary Barryte and Behnam Sattar will talk about overcoming challenges in creating a VR application for healthcare. Be sure to RSVP!

About the talk:

Unity excels at providing an environment for rapid prototyping and development, but what do you do if a bug in your code is the difference between a patient getting better or not at all? What if you need to prove that what you’re making is effective and correct? What if this is true across multiple code bases? If this sounds like something that you think then, you will enjoy this talk. In this talk, we’ll share strategies we’ve used while developing a VR application for treatment, over the course of 2+ years. We will share best practices and learnings we’ve used to accomplish:

* Performing native actions not provided by the Unity API on Android

* Designing our own package management system - and why we did this

* Implementing a design paradigm beyond Unity’s to improve test-ability

* Improving VR performance on different platforms

About the speakers:

Zachary Barryte is an artist, programmer, and storyteller who's been making comedic games and cartoons since graduating from MIT in '13. Currently, Zach is developing treatment software with Luminopia.

Behnam Sattar believes in a combination of art and technology. He’s done his graduate studies on computer vision and has always enjoyed working on projects bringing art and technology together. Currently, Behnam is software engineer at Luminopia working on treatment facilitation.

Our venue:

CIC Cambridge is located at 1 Broadway in Cambridge, just outside the Kendall Square Red Line T stop. Whenever possible, public transportation is recommended but for those who choose to drive, parking is available underneath the building on the Third Street side. Visitor parking is also available at the Kendall St garage and at the Marriott Hotel garage, and there's limited street parking as well. When checking in at the ground floor security desk of CIC Cambridge, please be sure to bring along a government-issued ID. Venture Cafe is located on the 5th floor, just outside the elevators.

By attending or participating in BUG events, you agree to abide by our safe-space policy (http://bit.ly/bugsafespace). If you feel you are unable to, please do not attend.

Thanks to our sponsors! Unity and The CIC Cambridge are generously sponsoring our meetup this month.

See you there!

Graham, Elliott, and Chris