Anyone working on VR that makes you move?

Neil Gupta

Feb 14, 2017, 1:19:25 PM2/14/17
to BostonVR
I'm looking for VR experiences that are not just recreating exercise in VR, but make you move a lot because of the game play. I already know about VirZOOM :)

It's part of a stealth project, and you will get credit for participating. Send me a message if you're working on something you think fits the bill and I can give you more info. Thanks!

ConstructionVR

Feb 14, 2017, 9:24:01 PM2/14/17
to Neil Gupta, BostonVR
I am mostly off the grid this week, but can get back to you after next Tuesday.

Are you looking for a current project? Because the Mina Johnson's old work at SmallLab is very good.

Just google her.

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 14, 2017, at 1:19 PM, Neil Gupta <neil....@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm looking for VR experiences that are not just recreating exercise in VR, but make you move a lot because of the game play. I already know about VirZOOM :)

It's part of a stealth project, and you will get credit for participating. Send me a message if you're working on something you think fits the bill and I can give you more info. Thanks!

Mike Festa

Feb 15, 2017, 12:00:42 PM2/15/17
to BostonVR
After 3.5 years of waiting, my Omni is arriving today. (http://www.virtuix.com/) I'll give you some feedback after using it over the next week.

ConstructionVR

Feb 15, 2017, 12:58:33 PM2/15/17
to Mike Festa, BostonVR
Paul Umbro has a Perception Neuron body tracker which is very cool.

Sent from my iPhone

Ryan Sullivan

Mar 23, 2017, 4:14:29 PM3/23/17
to BostonVR
Only just came across this, and it's not quite a game, but it sounds like my project RIPMotion might be along the lines of what you are looking for.

Despite having no updates in a while, it's not dead, just been waiting on additional trackers.

Either way if you're interested let me know, always happy to talk about it.