Fwd: Banting postdoc fellowship

Jeffrey Jacobson

May 8, 2019, 2:14:30 PM5/8/19
to BostonVR

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Rob Teather <RobTe...@cunet.carleton.ca>
Date: Wed, May 8, 2019 at 2:12 PM
Subject: Banting postdoc fellowship
To: 3du...@vt.edu <3du...@vt.edu>

Dear colleagues,

I am looking for an applicant who would be interested in working with me first to develop an application for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship, then to take up the award here at Carleton U. The award provides a 2-year postdoc at $70K (CAD) per year, and comes with some other benefits detailed here: https://carleton.ca/coris/2019/banting-postdoctoral-fellowships-program-bantings/

The topic area is TBD, I expect that we would co-develop the proposal in a topic relating to interaction in VR (e.g., around selection/manipulation interfaces, multi-user VR, perceptual illusions like haptic retargeting, etc.). The award is highly competitive, but if you are interested in trying for this - or know somebody who might be - please let me know ASAP. My university's internal deadline is June 7.

Best regards,

Rob
--
Robert J. Teather, PhD
Assistant Professor

-- Jeff

Jeffrey Jacobson,
Simulation Engineering Project Manager,
SIMPeds (simpeds.org) at Boston Children's Hospital