[JOB] for hybrid Ruby/Haskell developer

Dan Choi

Jan 23, 2014, 3:20:36 PM1/23/14
to boston...@googlegroups.com, Hoony Youn
A small Boston-based software startup with huge clients is seeking a highly motivated, self-starting software developer for a full-time position. We have begun to radically change how financial research is gathered, organized and retrieved, offering  fund management organizations an unsurpassed improvement in efficiency and productivity resulting in increased performance and profitability.

MackeyRMS has been profitable since its early days, and we've bootstrapped ourselves to exponential growth over the past two years. We already count some of the world's most respected investment firms as clients, and our pipeline suggests even more explosive growth in 2014.

Our product started out as a collection of Ruby/Rails applications, but we are beginning to reimplement the platform in Haskell.  Your job would be to help design, build, maintain, and extend the new Haskell-centric system while helping us support the legacy system until it is retired.

We have a position open for a full-time developer with

* > 1 year of Haskell experience (serious self-study may qualify, but you should understand monads)

* > 2 years of Ruby and Rails experience

* Good SQL querying skills

* Good Linux server administration skills a plus -- especially if you can write moderately complex bash scripts

* JavaScript skills a big plus -- we have a large AngularJS web frontend

This is not a remote job. The office is located in Boston, near the Arlington T stop corner of the Boston Common.

Please contact me at dhc...@gmail.com for more information.

REMINDER: this message's default behavior is reply-to: the entire list

Dan Choi

Feb 6, 2014, 9:58:24 AM2/6/14
to boston...@googlegroups.com, Hoony Youn
Quick update: Ruby experience is no longer required, nor will Ruby be used much going forward. This job is still open. Thank you.

Daniel Choi