Fwd: food and fun at the Cleanweb Hackathon

Edward Kmett

Apr 5, 2013, 1:08:27 PM4/5/13
to BostonHaskell
It is a bit of a last minute notice, but there is a Hackathon going on this weekend that may interest some people on this list.

From: Lotus Clair Samuel <lsa...@greentownlabs.org>
Date: Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 3:20 PM
Subject: food and fun at the Cleanweb Hackathon

Are you creative?  Technical? Motivated by innovation? Startup minded? Entrepreneurial?  Overachiever?  Like Big Data?

Join more than 100 registered for the Apr 5-7 for the 2nd Boston Cleanweb Hackathon + Data Jam Challenge!  Register here: Eventbrite

Kickoff party Friday at Greentown Labs, Boston's cleantech incubator in the Innovation District. Food. Beer. Fun. Networking.  Meet White House Deputy CTO, Nick Sinai, who is working on energy data initiatives and promoting technology innovation.

Form old teams or create new ones.  Think big.  Think creative.  2-Tracks: weekend and 90 day challenge.  Bring ideas or just an open mind. Deputy CTO, Nick Sinai, leads 90 Day Challenge in a "Data Jam" session Sat AM.

$25K+ prize pool.  Meet sponsors recruiting talent. Meet investors looking for the next big thing.  For $25 or less, be fed all weekend.  Pitch solutions on Sunday and impress awesome group of judges.  People's choice award.

Fame and/or fortune may be in your future. In just one, game-changing weekend.  Maybe your ideas will help change the world.

Any questions?  More here. Walk-in registration available, but it may mess up the keg order.

See you there!

Top 10 Reasons to Join the Apr 5-7 Boston Cleanweb Hackathon bit.ly/16jp5WV

March 8, 2103 Cleanweb: An Opportunity to Get Energy Entrepreneurs Thinking Bigger | BostInno
--

Lotus Clair Samuel
Greentown Labs

Ryan

Apr 11, 2013, 4:38:09 PM4/11/13
to boston...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

Do you guys ever have meet ups online? I live in Maine and wouldn't be
able to make it to Boston on a regular bases, but still would like to
join a Haskell group.

take care,
Ryan

<mailto:lsa...@greentownlabs.org>>

<http://boston.cleanwebhack.com/wp/>! Register here: Eventbrite
<http://cleanwebbos.eventbrite.com>

bit.ly/16jp5WV <http://bit.ly/16jp5WV>

Starts April 5-7 <http://boston.cleanwebhack.com/wp/> Eventbrite open!

<http://bostinno.com/2013/03/08/cleanweb-an-opportunity-to-get-energy-entrepreneurs-thinking-bigger/#ss__306815_242885_0__ss>
> --
>

> /Lotus Clair Samuel//
> //Greentown Labs//
> //337 Summer Street in Boston//
> //lsa...@greentownlabs.org <mailto:lsa...@greentownlabs.org>//
> //+1(617) 453-8171 <tel:%2B1%28617%29%20453-8171>/

Edward Kmett

Apr 13, 2013, 8:32:31 PM4/13/13
to BostonHaskell
Hi Ryan,

We haven't done so yet. If we can figure out the logistics we might be able to set up a Google Hangout either for the actual Boston Haskell events or just on the side. I don't think I can commit to that happening for this next session, but I can at least try to sound out how we might make that sort of thing work in the future if there is interest.

That said, you might have better luck with trying to join the #haskell (or #haskell-lens) channels on irc.freenode.net   There are ~1000 users (~80 respectively) in there are any given moment in time and its a great way to get plugged into the community hivemind. I'm edwardk on both and a reasonable cross section of other Boston Haskellers also show up online.

-Edward