Announcing: Fall 2011 Cardboard Jam! (Oct 8th and 9th @ GAMBIT)

Darren Torpey

Sep 29, 2011, 10:28:40 PM9/29/11
to bostong...@googlegroups.com
Hi jammers!

Last April’s first-ever Cardboard Jam was a blast, so we’re doing another one NEXT WEEKEND, Oct 8th and 9th!

Once again, we'll be making card games, board games, etc. -- any style of game that doesn’t involve a computer.

We’ll get to rapidly iterate on our concepts, playtest each others’ games, and even welcome those who excel in design and/or people skills but lack (relatively speaking) in technical skills. It’s gonna be grand.

Bring your friends! Especially those who’ve said “game jams sound cool but I can’t code” or the like. No coding required -- no computer tools needed -- nothing but a desire to collaborate with others to make an experimental game from start to finish, in a weekend.

Again, it’s Oct 8th and 9th (that’s a week from Sat) @ GAMBIT. Full info is on the announcement post on the website:
http://bostongamejams.com/2011/09/28/announcing-fall-2011-cardboard-jam/

Ready to RSVP? Space is limited, so reserve your spot here:
http://cardboardjamfall2011.eventbrite.com/

Rik Eberhardt, GAMBIT’S Studio Manager, who also runs GAMBIT’s Global Game Jam site each year and participated in the April Cardboard Jam, will be co-hosting this one with me, which will make for even more kick-ass. Woo!

And yes, my wife, Vickie Wu Torpey, will be doing another food jam -- yum!

We hope to see you there!

~Darren, Rik, and Vickie
This conversation is locked