Reminder: HTML5 Tools Jam this weekend @ GAMBIT

Darren Torpey

Jan 6, 2011, 5:43:37 PM1/6/11
to bostong...@googlegroups.com
Hello fellow jammers!

This just a quick reminder that we're getting folks together this weekend, Sat + Sun, to build some great tools and to help each other learn this crazy new HTML5 stuff that Darius & I have been blathering on about for the past year.

Full event info:

Our main goals are:
* Help members of the community learn HTML5 (from the tech side and in terms of general awareness of its possibilities)
* Build some tools to help people hit the ground running making some great HTML5 games at the Global Game Jam at the end of the month as wall as other jams this year and beyond
* Set a good example for the HTML5 and game dev tools communities in general in terms of accessibility of tools for beginners

In addition to programmers, we also have someone who plans to record some video of the event, someone offering to provide tech writing help (to document our tools and/or help write tutorials for them), and an artist who can help with our 2D graphics needs.

Some of the projects will involve improving ALES, the editor that Darius & I released recently:

but anything within the realm of HTML5 game-dev-related tools goes!

Again the official jam event page is here:

If you'd like to join us and haven't RSVP'ed yet, you can do so here. It's a free event, as usual:

If you have any questions, send them to jamle...@bostongamejams.com (which goes to Darius & I). We hope to see you at the jam!