GP4CP: Help raise money for Child's Play charity (with your jam games)

Darren Torpey

Nov 16, 2010, 10:59:02 PM11/16/10
to Boston Game Jams
Hi jammers,

In case you haven’t seen this in other channels like the Boston Indies
email list, please take a look at this event and cause, GP4CP:
http://www.gp4cp.org

Jeremy Monken (gp4cp.charity AT gmail) is one of the organizers and
he’s looking for folks to help out, attend, donate and even show off
their games.

The atmosphere will be like a gather-and-play event with raffle/prizes
and this year Slam Bolt Scrappers (Fire Hose Games) is headlining. If
you have a game you’ve been working on that you would like to bring in
on your laptop (such as a prior game jam game you’d like others to
play), then email Jeremy to let him know so he has an idea of what to
expect from everyone planning to attend.

You’ll still need to buy a $10 ticket (donation to CP), but Jeremy
says there should be plenty of tables lined up around the lounge floor
at Microsoft NERD for plugging in and showing others what you’ve got.
No big flare or advertisement necessary, and I don’t think you’ll be
obligated to keep a “booth” setup for any absolute period of time. It
sounds like it will be a casual environment of folks playing and
discussing games for both fun and charity. So if you have something
to bring, go for it!

And please consider attending even if you don’t plan to bring your
laptop or game. Check the site (http://www.gp4cp.org) for more details
on the cause, Penny Arcade's charity Child's Play.

Oh, and thanks to Jonathon Myers for the inspiration to send this call
out to all of you. I'll have more game jams news within the week. =)

Eitan Glinert

Nov 17, 2010, 12:40:36 PM11/17/10
to darren...@gmail.com, Boston Game Jams
We're headlining? I didn't realize that "having a TV set up in a corner" counted as headlining nowadays :)

But yeah, we'll be there. Hope you can make it too!

Eitan (and the FH team)
--
Fire Hose Games
1035 Cambridge St. Suite 19