DINO Jam this weekend!

1 view

Darren Torpey

Apr 20, 2010, 9:44:33 PM4/20/10
to Boston Game Jams
Here are the details for the jam this coming weekend.

You'll have approximately 22 hours to create, starting at 10am - 11pm
on Saturday, April 24th and 10am - 7pm Sunday, April 25th.
Demos start at 7:30pm, and are open to the public.

We are hosting this jam at the Sprout/DINO Space, located at:

339R Summer St.
Somerville, MA 02144

Google Map: http://bit.ly/deiS5S

It's just outside of Davis Square on the Red Line, a couple blocks
past the Rosebud Diner.
It’s set back from the street, down the driveway to the right of 339
Summer Street; the “R” means “Rear.”

Equipment: We have free wifi, projector and screen, and a plethora of
outlets/tools/junk to make stuff with.

Food: We'll also we can take up a collection for whatever food people
want to order, like burritos/subs/pizza. One of the attendees will
also be "food jamming", making tasty foods for us to eat! We'll also
have a small refrigerator, microwave, and toaster on location (maybe a
toaster-oven, too).

We're also going to write about all the cool stuff people work on and
post the resulting software on a blog after the event (more on that
once it's set up).

Hope to see you there!

Alec Shobin

Apr 21, 2010, 11:07:14 AM4/21/10
to bostong...@googlegroups.com
Hi Darren,

This sounds very cool.  Do you need any help with stuff?  I live in Davis Square, am very interested in what it takes to run a game jam (I'd like to do a Boston Indies one this summer), but I'm not a programmer or artist.  So, if you need any help on the organizational/management side, I'm free all day Sunday and Saturday morning/afternoon.  If not, I'll probably be stopping by anyway to check out Sharat's work and see what DINO jam is all about.

Best,

-Alec
908-334-5193