New local dev group: Boston Blender User's Group

Darren Torpey

Feb 28, 2011, 11:08:13 AM2/28/11
to bostong...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Local awesome-dude and game jam veteran K. Adam White has started the Boston Blender User's Group. I've included his announcement email below.

Blender is a very popular tool at game jams and has been used many times in 2010 jams, so I know this group might be very welcome to many of you.

Man, announce something at Indies and shit gets DONE! Last Monday at our monthly Boston Indies meeting at the Asgard I announced my plans to start a Blender 3D user's group (If you weren't there, Blender is a robust, free & open-source 3D modeling & animation tool). Many thanks to everybody who has talked to me about the project since then--it hasn't even been a week, but we already have a venue and a date for our first meetup!

BOSTON BLENDER USER'S GROUP KICKOFF
@ Bocoup Loft (a fantastic hackerspace at Congress and A St, between South Station & the Innovation District)
7:00 PM, Thursday April 7

We're starting the group in April to avoid the GDC/PAX crunch, but I will be hosting an informal planning get together in late March--if you want to be involved with running the group, or have ideas for presentations or projects, please get in contact with me off-list and we'll figure out when to meet. At our first meeting we will be screening "Sintel", the latest Blender-made film from the Open Movie Project, and then discussing the future of the group. You can RSVP for the meetup and join the group at Meetup.com through www.bostonblender.com. I am super excited to see this group launch, and if you are interested in 3D I hope you will join us!

Lastly, I hope to have a few demos lined up, but haven't received final confirmation on anything yet--if you have something you'd like to show off, bring it!