Pinnacle Rock and Forest Dale Cemetery Raptors, Etc.

1 view

Paul Peterson

Sep 19, 2023, 7:48:59 PM9/19/23
to Mass...@theworld.com, bosto...@googlegroups.com
This is in Malden. I joined Craig Jackson at his perch atop Pinnacle
Rock from 2:00-3:15. My target bird was Broad-winged Hawk, since I
hadn't had one yet this year. After only ten minutes, we had one come
rather close. I had another twenty minutes later. I then went to
Forest Dale Cemetery for a good while, and added Peregrine Falcon and
a possible SEVEN MORE Broad-winged, but this kettle of hawks was too
distant to positively i.d.

Great Blue Heron 1 cemetery
Sharp-shinned Hawk 10 guess
accipiter sp. 2
Broad-winged Hawk 2-9 See Above
Red-tailed Hawk 6
Osprey 1
Northern Flicker 7 cemetery
Eastern Phoebe 2 cemetery
Common Raven 2
Tree Swallow 2
House Wren 1 cemetery
Common Yellowthroat 1 Pine Banks Park
Palm Warbler 1 cemetery
Monarch Butterfly 2 one Las Casas St., one fells
Black Swallowtail 1 on same butterfly bush as Monarch
Clouded Sulphur 1 cemetery

Paul P)eterson
peterso...@yahoo.com
Boston