6/24 Blue Hills Northeast Highlights

1 view

Paul Peterson

Jun 27, 2022, 8:43:57 PM6/27/22
to Massbird MASSBIRD, Boston Birds
I birded here on Friday from 1:30-8:10, covering Chickatawbut Hill, Fenno, Kitchamakin, and Nahanton Hills, as well as the Blue Hills Reservoir. I then crossed over to the northside of Chickatawbut Rd. to do Pipeline Trail, Small Dome, Great Dome, and out to the beautiful St. Moritz Ponds. The day was very nice and sunny at 75 degrees.

Double-crested Cormorant 1
Great Blue Heron 1
Wood Duck 11                         all chicks but one
Bald Eagle 1                           part of the Milton pair, presumably
hawk sp. 3
Wild Turkey 2+                      hen and poult
Killdeer 1
Spotted Sandpiper 1
Ruby-throated Hummingbird 1
Hairy Woodpecker 2