Clay-colored Sparrow, Marsh Wren, Bald Eagle Neponset River Reservation

Paul Peterson

Nov 13, 2021, 4:13:18 PM11/13/21
to Massbird MASSBIRD, Boston Birds
In Dorchester, I birded here from 11:55-2:10, spending most of my time on the marsh road. This is on the other side of the locked gate at the end of Bearse Ave. Simply take the hidden path to the left of the locked gate. (you will be between two fences) Very soon, on the right side, you will see a big hole in the fence. Go through, and soon you should find the road. It ends at the Neponset River. I had six species of sparrows along this road today.

Great Blue Heron 1
Red-tailed Hawk 1
Bald Eagle 1                       adult perched in evergreen on Milton side of river
Peking Duck 1                    Milton Yacht Club; been here quite a while
Belted Kingfisher 1             hunting over the river
Marsh Wren 1                     great looks
Clay-colored Sparrow 1      initially out in marsh in bush near tall pipe; later, seen near Bearse Ave. near the black fence enclosing something
Swamp Sparrow 7+
American Tree Sparrow 7
White-throated Sparrow 2
Savannah Sparrow 1