10/24 Fenway Highlights

Paul Peterson

Oct 25, 2021, 6:43:15 PM10/25/21
to Massbird MASSBIRD, Boston Birds
There were five Red-tailed Hawks at the gardens. Three, including the lone adult, were in the same tree simultaneously. The adult flew off, and shortly two more immatures appeared, one soaring overhead and the other flying around. Nice to see a Yellow-bellied Sapsucker in the gardens, for I associate this species with this place. (I live just right up the street) I birded from 10:00-12:00, and then again from 4:30-6:00.

Great Blue Heron 1
Red-tailed Hawk 5                     at 11:15. some assumed migrants passing through. Gardeners use rodenticide here, I was told. Uh-oh
Red-bellied Woodpecker 1
Northern Flicker 1
Yellow=bellied Sapsucker 1
Eastern Phoebe 3