9/25 Sora and Clay-colored Sparrow at Millennium Park, etc.

瀏覽次數:5 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Paul Peterson

未讀,
2021年9月27日 下午2:24:012021/9/27
收件者:Massbird MASSBIRD、Boston Birds
Right place, right time. As I was walking by the usual Sora spot at Millennium Park at 12:25 p.m., I heard a sharp eek! I knew it was a rail of some kind, but was completely frustrated until I decided to scale down the very dangerous bank and sit on the log to get an unobstructed view. There was an opening in the reeds or grass, and in that opening stood a juvenile Sora. I was quite thrilled, as I hardly ever get looks at a Sora. After I got fifteen seconds of viewing this bird, it seemed to realize that it supposed to be a bird of secrecy, and took off out of sight. Quite comical !

Great Blue Heron 1            high school wetland (viewed from V.F.W. Parkway)
Green Heron 2                   ditto
Wood Duck 13                   ditto
Killdeer 1                            ditto
Belted Kingfisher 1
SORA 2                             two vocalizing; See Above
Northern Flicker 7             one after another after another streaming by
Eastern Wood-Pewee 1    calling incessantly
Red-eyed Vireo 1              high school wetland (seen from V.F.W. Parkway)
Palm Warbler 5
Nashville Warbler 1
Blackpoll Warbler 2
Yellow-rumped Warbler 2  F.O.F.
Swamp Sparrow 2
Savannah Sparrow 17
CLAY-COLORED SPARROW 1   thanks Ted B. (so nice of you)

LEPIDS:
American Lady 3
Red Admiral 1
Monarch 1