5/20 Possibly Two Mississippi Kites Over My Mother's House in Dorchester in Ashmont

Paul Peterson

May 24, 2022, 5:24:36 PM5/24/22
to Massbird MASSBIRD, Boston Birds
This was the time when I wished I had my binoculars with me! As I was counting the Chimney Swifts in the sky, two raptors that were quite unusual in shape and flying pattern came into view, rather high up. They certainly looked like candidates for the aforementioned species. These birds were on my mind as I had read, one or two days prior, Paul Roberts' posting on massbird about being on the lookout for this species due to the strong southerly winds coming in for the weekend.

Paul Peterson
peterso...@yahoo.com
Boston