Black Scoters at Chestnut Hill Reservoir etc.

Paul Peterson

Nov 17, 2021, 7:16:38 PM11/17/21
to Massbird MASSBIRD, Boston Birds
I hit the reservoir, which is in Brighton, from 11:30-2:10. I then hit Chandler Pond, also in Brighton. Unless noted, all birds were at the reservoir. Interesting to note that there was no overlap of duck species from the two places.

Pied-billed Grebe 1        Boston College end (Chestnut Hill Dr. near Beacon St.)
Great Blue Heron 2        incl. one at Chandler Pond
BLACK SCOTER 2        out in the middle, staying near a male Common Merganser most of the time
Common Merganser 2
Hooded Merganser 58   Chandler Pond; had to count them eight times to get full picture
Ruddy Duck 40
Bufflehead 2                   Chandler Pond
Greater Scaup 4
Ring-necked Duck 23
Belted Kingfisher 1         Chandler Pond
Brown Creeper 1+

Paul Peterson
peterso...@yahoo.com
Boston