5/23 Common Nighthawk in Brookline

Paul Peterson

May 24, 2022, 5:53:50 PM5/24/22
to Massbird MASSBIRD, Boston Birds
Shortly after exiting the Brookline Public Library last night, I heard my FOY Common Nighthawk over Harvard Ave. (not to be confused with the much longer Harvard St. or the much shorter Harvard Square. (Yes, there is a Harvard Square in Brookline) Hey folks, it does get confusing. A bit later, on Dwight St. at Pleasant St. in Coolidge Corner, I heard either the same one or a different one. This area, in summertime, is Common Nighthawk Central. Most nights, if one walks around this area, one will hear this species. This includes the following streets:John, Green, Pleasant, Dwight, Harvard, and Babcock.

Paul Peterson
peterso...@yahoo.com
Boston