4/12 McLaughlin Woods-Sapsucker Insanity, Etc.

Paul Peterson

Apr 12, 2022, 5:42:41 PM4/12/22
to Massbird MASSBIRD, Boston Birds
I arrived at 1:00 and birded until 3:40. Never have I seen anything like this in all twenty years of my birding in Greater Boston. There must have been some fairly serious bird migration last night.

Yellow-bellied Sapsucker 12        easily
Northern Flicker 10                    extremely kinetic, impossible to count; hormones making them loopy!
Eastern Phoebe 1
Brown Creeper 1
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 2           F.O.Y.
Golden-crowned Kinglet 2
Winter Wren 2                       one as I was ending, sloped fallen trees and branches on Sachem St. near Iroquois St.; one highest level singing away
Hermit Thrush 8                    including five Iroquois St. Woods
Pine Warbler 1
Eastern Towhee 1
Savannah Sparrow 7
Swamp Sparrow 1