3/31 Dickcissel in Revere, Etc.

Paul Peterson

Mar 31, 2022, 8:50:20 PM3/31/22
to Massbird MASSBIRD, Boston Birds
After I scanned Rumney Marsh with my bins from Hastings St.(at the southern edge), I went by the bird feeder on Hastings near Elmwood Ave and looked at the birds feeding on seed that had been spilled onto the ground. Lo! and Behold! a DICKCISSEL. He was dapper with his beautiful chestnut shoulder, blazing white throat, and yellow breast. Could this be the same one that I discovered here two years ago? I've had only a few springtime Dickcissels in my life. ! Also of note in and around Revere:

Manx Shearwater 6      F.O.Y. in front of Merriott Hotel opposite Wonderland. Amazingly, found them instantly upon taking out my bins and holding them straight out at the water! There they were, right in my view! WOW!
Common Loon 4          same spot as above
Red-throated Loon 1       same spot as above
Great Egret 1              F.O.Y. Rumney Marsh from Hastings St.
Brant 15                     Revere Beach Breakwater at low tide
Northern Pintail 1        Belle Isle Marsh in Lawn St. salt pan
Green-winged Teal 65   Belle Isle Lawn St. salt pan
Common Eider 30        breakwater
Killdeer 6                    Rumney Marsh in Revere
Greater Yellowlegs 1   F.O.Y. Belle Isle in salt pan
Ruddy Turnstone 1      Revere Beach Breakwater low tide (of course)
DICKCISSEL 1           F.O.Y. SEE ABOVE
Harbor Seal 3
Skunk 1

Paul Peterson