October 14th Meeting 6:30 @ NERD - Trampoline

Zach

Sep 26, 2013, 1:14:27 PM9/26/13
to boston-softwar...@googlegroups.com

trampoline, trampoline, trampoline

In this session we'll be looking into how a trampolined function can be used to implement tail recursion calls in stack-oriented languages. We'll be using clojure as our environment. If you can please bring a machine with a clojure env setup.

Register at: http://gathers.us/events/october-2013-boston-software-craftsmanship-meeting

Best,

Zach

Daniel Rinehart

Sep 26, 2013, 2:02:57 PM9/26/13
to boston-software-craftsmanship
Oct 14th is Columbus Day. Will people will be around?

Zach

Sep 26, 2013, 2:19:02 PM9/26/13
to boston-softwar...@googlegroups.com
That's a good call. Well I booked the room, so I'll be there. The event goes on!!
But if it's just a few of us, I'll prepare something good (non trampolinie) for a small group as well.

-Zach

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 1:14 PM, Zach <zd...@yahoo.com> wrote:

trampoline, trampoline, trampoline

In this session we'll be looking into how a trampolined function can be used to implement tail recursion calls in stack-oriented languages. We'll be using clojure as our environment. If you can please bring a machine with a clojure env setup.

Register at: http://gathers.us/events/october-2013-boston-software-craftsmanship-meeting

Best,

Zach

Erik Price

Oct 14, 2013, 11:11:53 PM10/14/13
to boston-softwar...@googlegroups.com
I recommended a video during tonight's meeting but mistakenly referred to it with the title "Simplicity Matters". On my drive home I remembered that it was actually called "Simple Made Easy".

Zach

Oct 17, 2013, 12:27:17 AM10/17/13
to boston-softwar...@googlegroups.com
If you want to review the exercise you can find it on my blog at: http://zdsbs.blogspot.com/2013/10/trampolining-exercise-in-recursion-and.html and I pushed the little javascript file we wrote to https://github.com/zdsbs/trampoline-exercise