Code and Cocktails for June!

Mark Simpson

Jun 15, 2013, 5:55:58 PM6/15/13
to Boston Software Craftsmanship

I was thinking the 25th. Sound good or will I be drinking alone?

Ciao
Mark

Stephen Vance

Jun 15, 2013, 6:14:22 PM6/15/13
to boston-softwar...@googlegroups.com
You'll have at least one drinking companion.

Steve
--
Stephen Vance
www.vance.com

Mark Simpson

Jun 15, 2013, 6:46:05 PM6/15/13

Stephen Vance <st...@vance.com> writes:

> You'll have at least one drinking companion.

Maybe by that time my new remote glass-clinking service won't be so
amazingly crappy: http://defclink.heroku.com

(and maybe we'll work on it...)

Ciao

zdsbs

Jun 15, 2013, 7:23:00 PM6/15/13
to boston-softwar...@googlegroups.com, boston-softwar...@googlegroups.com
Steve I believe you mean you'll have at least two drinking partners

Mark Simpson

Jun 15, 2013, 7:30:35 PM6/15/13

zdsbs <zd...@yahoo.com> writes:

> Steve I believe you mean you'll have at least two drinking partners

Simple off by one error - pretty typical for our group.

Ciao
Mark

zdsbs

Jun 15, 2013, 7:33:19 PM6/15/13
to boston-softwar...@googlegroups.com, boston-softwar...@googlegroups.com
Hrmmm were in trouble if an off by one can have an off by one. There might be an infinite people there. I wonder if they can handle it.

On a side note I just found out I know a bar tender at central kitchen.

Stephen Vance

Jun 15, 2013, 7:55:36 PM6/15/13
to boston-softwar...@googlegroups.com
I was wondering if we would have an overwhelming turn out if we
continued to do our responses by functional recursion. Brick and Mortar
would probably have a stack overflow, though.

(Waiting for groans)

Steve
--
Stephen Vance
www.vance.com

Jos Flores

Jun 15, 2013, 8:01:53 PM6/15/13
to boston-softwar...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys, might be there too; is it brick and mortar in central around 7-ish?
Never been to one, but I guess it's a 'work on your pet project while
drinking' kinda meetup? or are there any group projects?

cheers,
José

Stephen Vance

Jun 15, 2013, 8:03:50 PM6/15/13
to boston-softwar...@googlegroups.com
We usually start trickling in closer to 6:30. Probably more drinking
than project work, but discussion, demos and spontaneous pairing have
been known to break out.

Steve

On 6/15/13 20:01 PM, Jos Flores wrote:
> Hi guys, might be there too; is it brick and mortar in central around 7-ish?
> Never been to one, but I guess it's a 'work on your pet project while
> drinking' kinda meetup? or are there any group projects?
>
> cheers,
> Jos�
>
> On 15 June 2013 19:33, zdsbs <zd...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Hrmmm were in trouble if an off by one can have an off by one. There might be an infinite people there. I wonder if they can handle it.
>>
>> On a side note I just found out I know a bar tender at central kitchen.

>>> Simple off by one error - pretty typical for our group.
>>>
>>> Ciao
>>> Mark
>>>
>>> --

Stephen Vance
www.vance.com

Jos Flores

Jun 15, 2013, 8:18:46 PM6/15/13
to boston-softwar...@googlegroups.com
sounds good; should be able to recognise some faces from previous
meetups. Catch you then!

José

On 15 June 2013 20:03, Stephen Vance <st...@vance.com> wrote:
> We usually start trickling in closer to 6:30. Probably more drinking than
> project work, but discussion, demos and spontaneous pairing have been known
> to break out.
>
> Steve
>

> On 6/15/13 20:01 PM, Jos Flores wrote:
>>
>> Hi guys, might be there too; is it brick and mortar in central around
>> 7-ish?
>> Never been to one, but I guess it's a 'work on your pet project while
>> drinking' kinda meetup? or are there any group projects?
>>
>> cheers,
>> José

Andrew McDonnell

Jun 25, 2013, 9:31:07 AM6/25/13
to boston-softwar...@googlegroups.com
Count me in - I can also show off the cocktail search engine I mentioned at C&C 3 (4?) months ago.  Which is actually a perfect companion to Mark's service - find a recipe online, find a clinking partner online!
Andrew

Rob Park

Jun 25, 2013, 9:54:12 AM6/25/13
to boston-softwar...@googlegroups.com
I planning on showing this month too.

Stephen Vance

Jun 25, 2013, 2:19:13 PM6/25/13
to boston-softwar...@googlegroups.com, boston-softwar...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately, I need to go to another event tonight, but it sounds like Mark won't drink alone.

Stephen Vance

Jos Flores

Jun 25, 2013, 3:03:05 PM6/25/13
to boston-softwar...@googlegroups.com