Next BSC meeting Sept 9th - Reactive Programming

Zach

Aug 28, 2013, 4:25:27 PM8/28/13
to boston-softwar...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

September 9th! Reactive Programming! NERD Center! 6:30!

To quote wikipediea: "reactive programming is a programming paradigm oriented around data flows and the propagation of change. "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reactive_programming

The plan is to do some learning and do some playing. For the learning no need to prepare, but for the playing please bring a laptop with a Javascript env ready to go, we'll likely use something like Bacon.js

RSVP at: http://gathers.us/events/september-2013-boston-software-craftsmanship-meeting

Looking forward to it!

-Zach

Rob Park

Aug 28, 2013, 4:57:01 PM8/28/13
to boston-softwar...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like a great topic.
Bummer that it's not next week (holiday)... because I'll be away on vacation on the 9th.

When it says "a Javascript env", how would you qualify that your environment was actually setup adequately or not?

@rob

Zach Shaw

Aug 28, 2013, 5:30:24 PM8/28/13
to boston-softwar...@googlegroups.com
Wait, but you still RSVP'ed. Are you sure you'll be out of town?

I'd qualify a setup javascript env, if you could sit down, and start coding (which granted means a text editor) but you know ready to rock & roll... err rock & code.

Aug 30, 2013, 1:16:57 PM8/30/13
to boston-softwar...@googlegroups.com
hi Zach,

How are you lately and your job hunting going?  Do like to work at EMC, my girl work here using Java framework.

Thank you for the note for the next meeting on 9/9, what do you recommend to download to prepare to reactive programming.

Have a great Labor Day long weekend.

Big thanks & Best & be well,
Elaine