Anyone have experience with auth0?

Pito Salas

Oct 10, 2017, 11:32:39 AM10/10/17
to Boston Ruby Group
I'm writing a new demonstration app for my Rails class. I want to show off authentication.

Generally I've disliked devise (I know, I know, lots of people love it, maybe I should look at it again.)

The simplest way to go is straight bcrypt roll-your-own.

What do y'all think of auth0? https://auth0.com/docs/quickstart/webapp/rails

Thanks!

Pito

Luke Bergen

Oct 10, 2017, 11:36:37 AM10/10/17
to boston-r...@googlegroups.com
I've been working with them quite a bit lately. They're pretty slick. And while their out of the box solution works well enough, they're also super customizable if you don't like their flows, ux, etc..

Pito Salas

Oct 10, 2017, 11:39:44 AM10/10/17
to boston-r...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. Do you know if their gem also works for authenticating against google app infrastructure’s login? That’s what they use here at Brandeis...

Pito Salas
Brandeis Computer Science
Volen 134

> On Oct 10, 2017, at 11:36 AM, Luke Bergen <lukea...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I've been working with them quite a bit lately. They're pretty slick. And while their out of the box solution works well enough, they're also super customizable if you don't like their flows, ux, etc..
>
> On Oct 10, 2017 11:32, "Pito Salas" <pito...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm writing a new demonstration app for my Rails class. I want to show off authentication.
>
> Generally I've disliked devise (I know, I know, lots of people love it, maybe I should look at it again.)
>
> The simplest way to go is straight bcrypt roll-your-own.
>
> What do y'all think of auth0? https://auth0.com/docs/quickstart/webapp/rails
>
> Thanks!
>
> Pito

Rajiv Aaron Manglani

Oct 10, 2017, 12:29:36 PM10/10/17
to Pito Salas, boston-r...@googlegroups.com
instead of devise, check out https://github.com/Sorcery/sorcery

Luke Bergen

Oct 10, 2017, 12:54:48 PM10/10/17
to boston-r...@googlegroups.com, Pito Salas
I think their free plan let's you I use up to 2 social identity providers.