Save the Date and Speakers Wanted: Next Meeting Wednesday, October 18th!

Boston Biodiversity Consortium

Sep 7, 2023, 4:33:12 PM9/7/23
to Boston Biodiversity Consortium

Hello all!

We are looking to hold our next Boston Biodiversity Consortium meeting on Wednesday, October 18th at 2pm.  Please save the date!

We will continue to host the meetings at the ECO Center at Franklin Park Zoo while also offering an online remote option.

If you are interested in presenting at this meeting, please let me know! We’d love to have a varied slate of talks on the schedule.

For those new to the group, a little more info on the BBC:

The Boston Biodiversity Consortium is an open and inclusive group for individuals and organizations working on biodiversity research and citizen science initiatives in and around Boston.  It is a forum for all interested parties to present what they are working on and see where we all may have opportunities to collaborate.  Many of us are doing similar work in this field, and there are no doubt many ways that each of us might add value to what the others are doing.  While some potential collaborators are obvious, many more opportunities are likely to emerge the more we learn about each other!

Sincerely,
Matthew Kamm
Conservation Outreach Coordinator

Field Office: 978-206-2512

179 Great Road Suite 208, Acton, MA 01720

www.zoonewengland.org/gwc | DONATEZoo New England's mission is to inspire people to protect and sustain the natural world for future generations by creating fun and engaging experiences that integrate wildlife and conservation programs, research, and education. AZA accredited.

Charlie Innis

Sep 8, 2023, 8:38:37 AM9/8/23
to Boston Biodiversity Consortium

Thanks. I have not been able to attend past meetings, but I think I can make this one in person. What’s process for entry upon arrival? Park in public area? How long does meeting last usually?

Charles J. Innis, VMD, DABVP(RA)

Senior Scientist and Veterinarian

New England Aquarium

Central Wharf

Boston, MA 02110

cin...@neaq.org

617-877-5415

This electronic message contains information from the New England Aquarium which may be privileged and confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the addressee only. If you have received this communication in error, do not read or circulate it. Please delete it from your system without copying it or saving any attachments and notify the sender by reply e-mail. Thank you.

Matthew Kamm

Sep 8, 2023, 8:40:23 AM9/8/23
to Charlie Innis, Boston Biodiversity Consortium
Yes, you can park in any zoo parking lot and tell the admissions staff that you are there for the Boston Biodiversity Consortium - they will let you in for free! The meeting is usually about two hours.

-Matthew Kamm

Albert, Marc

Sep 12, 2023, 7:48:38 PM9/12/23
to Boston Biodiversity Consortium, a-jo...@outlook.com
Hello Matthew -

I look forward to joining for the next meeting!

Also, by this email may I introduce Ally Jones, part of the USGS / UMass Amherst / National Park Service team that has been working on a project A Novel Monitoring Framework to Assess Intertidal Biodiversity in Mixed Coarse Substrate Habitats Across the Boston Harbor. We propose that Ally present the initial findings at the meeting.

Best regards,

Marc

Marc Albert
Director of Science & Stewardship Partnerships
National Parks of Boston
21 2nd Ave., Charlestown Navy Yard