Final Reminder: Our Next BBC Meeting is Tomorrow!

1 view

Matthew Kamm

Oct 17, 2023, 10:11:20 AM10/17/23
to Boston Biodiversity Consortium

Hello all,

The next Boston Biodiversity Consortium meeting will be held tomorrow, Wednesday, October 18th at 2pm at the ECO Center at Franklin Park Zoo and hybrid via Zoom. We have an exciting lineup of speakers for you, including:

Sasha Vallieres from the Charles River Conservancy, speaking on the history of the Charles River and restoration work done on a 7.5 acre “urban wilds” property.

Ally Jones, part of the USGS / UMass Amherst / National Park Service team presenting on their project “A Novel Monitoring Framework to Assess Intertidal Biodiversity in Mixed Coarse Substrate Habitats Across the Boston Harbor

Dr. Alison Hamilton of UMass Lowell, with a presentation from her lab group on their ongoing local biodiversity research.

As a reminder, RSVP’s are especially appreciated for in-person so we know how many people to expect. If you've replied to the calendar event and plan to attend in person, please let us know to expect you in person so we can give your name to admissions. Tell the admissions staff you are here for the Boston Biodiversity Consortium meeting and they will let you in and direct you to the ECO Center. You can also use the iCal link attached to this e-mail to add the event directly to your personal calendar!

If you are presenting and have slides to show, e-mail your presentation to me ahead of time at mk...@zoonewengland.org or bring it on a USB drive that can be plugged into the ECO Center computer. If you are able to come early, we will reserve the half hour before the meeting for tech testing, including slide decks.

For those of you joining us via Zoom, the Zoom link is below:

Topic: Boston Biodiversity Consortium

Time: Oct 18, 2023 01:45 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

https://zoonewengland.zoom.us/j/87154526922?pwd=czJGMUZ5KzBzQWdYUEYwUUUxanEwUT09

Meeting ID: 871 5452 6922

Passcode: 073183

---

One tap mobile

+13017158592,,87154526922# US (Washington DC)

+13052241968,,87154526922# US

Sincerely,

Matthew Kamm
Conservation Outreach Coordinator

Phone: 732 245-6854

Field Office: 978-206-2512

179 Great Road Suite 208, Acton, MA 01720

www.zoonewengland.org/gwc | DONATE
Zoo New England's mission is to inspire people to protect and sustain the natural world for future generations by creating fun and engaging experiences that integrate wildlife and conservation programs, research, and education. AZA accredited.

invite.ics
Boston Biodiversity Consortium Meeting.ics