Next Boston Biodiversity Consortium Mtg - May 2, 2024

Emilie Wilder

Mar 27, 2024, 10:46:42 AMMar 27
to boston-biodiver...@googlegroups.com, Field Conservation

Hi Everyone,

Happy Spring! The next Boston Biodiversity Consortium meeting will be held on May 2nd at 2pm at Franklin Park Zoo and hybrid via Zoom. We have an exciting lineup of speakers for you, starting with the global and going all the way to the hyper local, but all talking about the importance of community in wildlife conservation. We hope you will join us!

Please message fieldcon...@zoonewengland.org if you are planning to attend in person.
Add event to your Google Calendar
 or download the iCalendar file, attached to this message.

AGENDA

Dr. Rachel Johnston, Zoo New England’s Conservation Genomics Scientist, will talk about the One Health program that ZNE is spearheading at the Manombo Special Reserve in Madagascar, which is one of the world's top 5 "hottest" biodiversity hotspots. Through this collaborative research program, we are measuring the impacts that community-led conservation efforts are having on biodiversity, zoonotic disease risk, and animal health.

Sharl Heller and Frank Mand, of the Southeastern Massachusetts Pine Barrens Alliance, will present on the globally rare coastal pine barrens they are working to save and their latest campaign to help save horseshoe crabs, including their effort to get them state listed.

Carol Entin, Citzen Scientist Extraordinaire, will present on her work with local rare species in South Eastern MA and what a difference individual people can make in monitoring and supporting local wildlife.

Boston Biodiversity Consortium Spring Meeting
May 2, 2024 02:00-4:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting:
https://zoonewengland.zoom.us/j/84069163406?pwd=N3JkMWJXRUhidnFNUGNZVHpKWmh6QT09
Meeting ID: 840 6916 3406
Passcode: 778306

8vwAAhCe59pNt0qQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

http://www.zoonewengland.org/conservation | DONATE
Zoo New England's mission is to inspire people to protect and sustain the natural world for future generations by creating fun and engaging experiences that integrate wildlife and conservation programs, research, and education. AZA accredited.

2024-BBC-SpringMeeting.ics