reminder: FREE, OPEN to the PUBLIC, ZOOM 30 March Community of Scholars Day: Climate Justice, with Mardi Fuller as Keynote Speaker, on 30 March 2023

Morimoto, David

Mar 27, 2023, 1:44:43 PM3/27/23
to urbanecology...@googlegroups.com, Boston Biodiversity Consortium, David Meshoulam, Speak for the Trees, Jerel Ferguson, Paula Phipps
Just a reminder about this upcoming (30 March) event!

Hello,
Please see the link below for a schedule of sessions that we have planned around Climate Justice this year. (Each session is tagged as either being the Dimension track or Climate Justice track).

***This event is free and open to the public, and you are welcome to participate in as few or as many sessions as you would like to attend.***

I hope you can join for at least some of the sessions. It is our great hope that we can begin to forge community partnerships around advancing green equity and climate justice. Come tell us what you are doing and see what we and some of our alum are doing at Lesley!

We are really excited about Mardi Fuller being our Keynote and who will speak about Advancing Racial Equity in Nature.

https://lesley.edu/events/community-of-scholars-day-2023

Here are the Climate Justice sessions (also attached)

10:00 - 10:50 AM
Contemplative Nature Pedagogy in the Virtual University Classroom – Melissa Jean (Lesley)
10:00 - 10:50 AM
Planting Wildflowers at Lesley – Robert Wauhkonen, Sophie Paris, and Grace Matthews (Lesley)
11:00 - 11:25 AM
AfterMath – Giuliana Funkhouser (Lesley)
11:30 - 11:55 AM
Forest Schools Breaking the Four Wall Boundary of a Typical Classroom - Anabel Szydlik (Lesley)
12:00 - 1:00 PM
KEYNOTE: Advancing Racial Equity in Nature – Mardi Fuller (Boston Plan for Excellence)
01:30 - 01:55 PM
Climate Change Education as a Catalyst for Community Action – Kathryn Pope (Mass Audubon, Lesley alum)
01:30 - 01:55 PM
Which Flowers Support the Most Bees? Urban Pollinators in Citizen Science – Lena Nahan (Lesley)
02:00 - 02:50 PM
The Amazon of the Ocean @ Risk� Animating with the Local Community – Brandon Strathmann, Nicole Weber, Mikayla Bonaventura, David Fontaine, Autumn Fiore (Lesley) and Robin Hadlock Seeley (Scientist)
02:00 - 02:50 PM
Lesley University Campus Plan: Improved Access & Performance From Drawings – Joanne Kossuth, Matt Langan + students in CEDUC 1352 (Lesley)
03:00 - 03:25 PM
Urban Biodiversity Conservation Needs Natural History Participatory Science – Claire O’Neill, Earthwise Aware
03:00 - 03:50 PM
Creative Arts Therapy for Climate Emotions Resource Guide – Eliya-Quaye Constance and Jane Richardson (Lesley) and Sarah Newman (Climate Mental Health Network founder)
03:30 - 03:55 PM
Eco-Art and Nature-Based Therapy Interventions – Mary Deane (Lesley)
04:00 - 04:25 PM
Biodiversity in New England's First Miyawaki Forest – Amy Mertl, Valerie Dillon-Mendoza (Lesley) and Maya Dutta Biodiversity for a Liveable Climate
05:00 - 05:50 PM
Climate Change Justice and Community/Citizen Science – Christopher Richardson, Susan Rauchwerk, Sherley Smith (Lesley), Alexis Rizzuto (Citizen Scientist), and Steven Nutter (Lesley, Green Cambridge)
05:00 - 05:50 PM
Co-Creating Climate Justice Pathways as Faculty and Students – Steven Nutter (Lesley, Green Cambridge), Sarah Howard, and Nicole Weber (Lesley)
06:00 - 07:00 PM
CLOSING SESSION: Sorrow in the Changing World: Exploring How Language Can Form and Give Shape to Experience – Sarah Anne Stinnett (Lesley)

Solidarity Globalization: The Urgent Need for a Global Social Justice Action
Scientific Ethics of the Near-Future: If We Can, Should We?
Developing Courses and Lessons Based on the Concept of Neural Synchrony
The Emerging Science of Artificial Blood

COS_CJ_2023.docx