Selling a hive!

maureen coello

Jun 21, 2021, 3:08:10 PM6/21/21
to Boston Area Beekeepers Association

Selling one of my hives!!

I am trying to downsize my beekeeping responsibilities now that life is getting back to normal and I need to be at the office more. It’s a healthy and booming colony with a locally mated queen. Package was installed on 4/19 and they immediately superseded the white queen that came with the package.

The hive is currently set up as a three medium boxes, screened bottom board, slatted rack. However, if you prefer a deep setup, I could swap them into a deep box and give you a deep configuration. You would just have to temporarily take some of the medium brood frames and put them above a queen excluder and then give them back to me when they emerge. I can add the deep box now and let her start laying in it too. I did an alcohol wash last week that came up with 4 mites, so just above the threshold, but nothing crazy. I would have treated them, but the temps went up again and I use Formic Pro.

I am looking to sell them for $380 ($260 worth of 1-y/o equipment + $120 I paid for the bee package). They are currently at the Boston Nature Center in Mattapan. I would love them to go to someone that will take good care of them

Maureen