Open house tomorrow at State Apiaries in Danvers & Amherst

Bill Perkins

Jul 9, 2021, 10:12:48 AM7/9/21
to boston-beek...@googlegroups.com
FYI.  Danvers is fairly close, closer than Amherst anyway.

Anyone interested in carpooling?  I can't go, but respond back here if you need, or can offer, a ride.

Greetings Massachusetts Beekeepers,

Just a quick reminder to join Apiary Inspectors this Saturday, July 10th from 10am-noon at the State Apiaries for our first in person event since 2019!!

Inspectors will be at both State Apiary locations to open hives, answer questions and provide recommendations - no registration required, free and open to public: https://www.mass.gov/service-details/mdar-state-apiaries.

In an effort to gauge interest given COVID reopening of state and slow returns of in person events, please reply back if you are planning to attend.

State Apiary Locations:

  1. University of Massachusetts – Agricultural Learning Center (ALC) farm*
    911 North Pleasant St
    Amherst, MA  01002
    *drive into field to park adjacent to apiary
  1. Essex North Shore Agricultural and Technical School*
    565 Maple St (use 562 Maple Street address for navigation)
    Danvers, MA  01923
    *park along paved road adjacent to parked buses and walk down hill to apiary

Bee there or Bee square,

-MDAR Apiary Program Team

Apiary Program Message Line: 508-281-6784

Email: be...@mass.gov

Physical Address: 64 Century Way, Suite 42, West Springfield, MA  01089

Mailing Address: 138 Memorial Drive, Suite 42, West Springfield, MA  01089

Webpage: https://www.mass.gov/apiary-program-honey-bees

--
Bill Perkins
617-388-7378 (m)