Queens

Bill Perkins

Apr 24, 2022, 10:26:30 PM4/24/22
to Boston Area Beekeepers Association

Hi Beeks --

Several local beekeepers have been looking for queens over the last week or two, and many have been finding them at The Colony in Tyngsboro.  The Colony (also known as New England Beekeeping Supplies) seem to have a steady supply of Carniolan and Italian queens.

If you are picking up a queen from Tyngsboro or anywhere else nearby in the next couple days, please let me know (617-388-7378).  I know someone who needs one, and I may need one too.

Locally, several beeks are producing their own queens, but it will be another two to three weeks from now before they're mated and ready for sale.

FYI, I'll have some purebred Russian queens on 5/26.  They are American naturalized citizens, many generations removed from Russia.

--Bill